Monday, February 27, 2017

Dissolve

*Received the FASO Fav15 award for April 2017!*
Oil on Canvas
12x12, framed
SOLD

I've been wanting to do more painting with palette knives.  So when I was close to completing this rose 'un-abstracted' I decided to move in with a knife and take a chance.  A few of my favorite artists paint this way, looser (than this) touches of unexpected color here and there.  In Julie Ford Oliver's wonderful blog, she talks about repeating the color of the subject elsewhere in the painting.  Check out Julie's work as well as the work of 2 of my other favorite artists...Barbara Flowers and Julia Klimova.  There is so much inspiration out there!!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet and generous gesture to include me in your blog. Thank you, Shelley.
    Your rose is truly beautiful with just enough visual texture and color to keep the eye and mind involved. It looks like you have always worked with the knife and you captured the light just right. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! High praise coming from you. :)

      Delete